1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 19, 2013 5:24 AM by Jim Wahl

How do I keep an average from recalculating when I filter my data?

Luke Howard

I'm plotting some financial data on a scatter for a company with 2000+ shops in the UK. Each bubble on the scatter represents a shop. I've used a couple of parameters/calculated fields to allow them to change what appears on the scatter (e.g. sales against turnover, sales against profit etc).

I've then added filters so the user can limit the selection e.g. to show only shops in the North of England, or to show only shops making > £100,000 per year profit.

I've also added a reference line to the scatter to show the average for each axis. This currently recalculates as the shops being displayed change. I want to lock the average show it will always show the average for the entire retail estate (i.e. all 2000+ shops). But I also need it to recalculate as the user changes what is being shown on each axis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I'm plotting some financial data on a scatter for a company with 2000+ shops in the UK. Each bubble on the scatter represents a shop. I've used a couple of parameters/calculated fields to allow them to change what appears on the scatter (e.g. sales against turnover, sales against profit etc).

I've then added filters so the user can limit the selection e.g. to show only shops in the North of England, or to show only shops making > £100,000 per year profit.

I've also added a reference line to the scatter to show the average for each axis. This currently recalculates as the shops being displayed change. I want to lock the average show it will always show the average for the entire retail estate (i.e. all 2000+ shops). But I also need it to recalculate as the user changes what is being shown on each axis.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!