0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 16, 2013 6:43 AM by John Roper

Bringing back unique attributes with multiple (same) characteristics

John Roper

Greetings all! I have a data set which contains various possible combinations of attributes related to a day of the week that I need some help with. For example, on the 5th of the month, person A watches tv, checks email, goes to starbucks, and does laundry. On the 10th of the month, person B watches tv, checks email, and washes their car. On the 12th of the month, person C checks email and does their laundry. When publishing in Tableau, I am able to select an individual task, checking email, and have all people and dates come back in my result set. What I want to be able to do but cannot figure out is how to select an additional attribute, watches tv, and only have the results show people/ dates who meet both criteria of watching tv AND checking email. In this scenario, I would only want person A and person B to show up. I no longer want to see person C because they do not match both criteria. Currently, all three people/ date sets are still coming Any help or guidance would be appreciated! Thanks. John