6 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2014 7:47 AM by brian lilley-longville

Tableau Data Engine Error: 4: Invalid Command: database: Path does not exist. Unable to connect to the server "127.0.0.1". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

christina.vitson

My colleague published a workbook and refreshed the extract on the server. I verified, and tested.....everything was looking good when I left at 6:30pm. Came in at 8:00am and now I'm getting this error:

TableauException: 
      • Tableau Data Engine Error: 4: Invalid Command: database: Path does not exist. Unable to connect to the server "127.0.0.1". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
      • Errors occurred while trying to load the workbook "/views/SSICVolumes". The load was not able to complete successfully.

What gives?

The extract wasn't scheduled to refresh on the server last night. I think our admin may have changed some server permissions for the person that published the workbook (I'm confirming this now) but other workbooks that he published around the same time are working fine and I'm not getting this error.

Any thoughts or feedback as to what usually causes this error would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance : )