3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 10, 2013 1:18 PM by cory.tak.0

Dual axis filled map/need to remove nulls

Paul Chimenti

I have built this simple dual axis map and I need to make several more similar maps based on various statistics.  The filled part is exactly what I need but the shapes that I am overlaying include many null values.  I want to remove the dots for the null values.  The workbook is attached.

• 1. Re: Dual axis filled map/need to remove nulls
          cory.tak.0

Hi Paul,

I was unable to open your workbook (try a twbx instead of a twb so as to include the data). However, you should be able to select the pill (green and blue containers up in the column and rows) that contains the measure that has the null values. 

1. Click the pill
          2. Select Format
          3. On the left-hand side of the screen it should have a tab called "Pane"
          4. In "Pane" at the very bottom there will be a section titled "Special Values"
          5. Change "Marks:" to the value you would like (i.e. "Hide (connect lines)")

Also, you may be able to add the measure to your Filters shelf. Click on the measure and select "Filter..."  Check exclude  in the bottom right hand corner and select the values you would like to exclude (it will strike through the text to indicate an exclude.)

I hope this helps. If you have further questions, attach your workbook with the data (twbx).

Cory

• 2. Re: Re: Dual axis filled map/need to remove nulls
            Paul Chimenti

I have reattached the workbook...hopefully in the correct format.  My real problem is that when I remove null values which are shapes (in this case circles), I also remove that region from the filled map.  Hopefully it will be clear when the workbook is viewed.  Thanks!!

• 3. Re: Re: Re: Dual axis filled map/need to remove nulls
              cory.tak.0

Hi Paul,

I created a calculated field on the primary data source that referenced the secondary data source and filtered out the nulls using the following expression:

IF NOT ISNULL(SUM([AK_panda (AK_panda.xls)].[mean_APR])) THEN SUM([AK_panda (AK_panda.xls)].[mean_APR])

ELSE 0

END

There was probably a simpler way. But I hope this helps you.

Cory