2 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2013 6:55 PM by Jonathan Drummey

Selecting dynamic measures into a calculated field on a dashboard

Alan Kwan

Hi all,

Not sure if this can be done. I want to measure the occupancy rate % of our agents, there are different states the agents are in when they are doing different tasks.

Basically the formula for Occupancy Rate in my case is: (Talking + Email + Interacting) / sum of all state.

However, in some cases, different people might have different perspective on what goes into the numerator. So I was wondering, if it is possible to setup in the dashboard, an option to let the user select what goes into the numerator and denominator?

I have attached a sample spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Alan

• 1. Re: Selecting dynamic measures into a calculated field on a dashboard
          Alan Kwan

Hi Shawn Wallwork,

What do you suggest? I don't think there is a way to have the user multi-select a parameter to decide who goes onto the numerator and denominator. One really stupid way I can think of is, creating multiple parameters for each field in the calculated field, and have the parameter value be true/false. For example:

%Occupancy: [Parameter 1] + [Parameter 2] + ,,, / [Parameter 1] + [Parameter 2] + ....

CASE [parameter1] when TRUE then sum(Duration) ELSE 0

Hope this makes sense, and hope there is an easier way.

Thanks,

Alan

• 2. Re: Selecting dynamic measures into a calculated field on a dashboard
            Jonathan Drummey

How about you flip it around? Set up a parameter with the different combinations of numerator/denominator, then set up a measure driven by CASE statement that returns the right values.

e.g.

CASE [your parameter]

WHEN "talking per state" THEN ...equation...

WHEN "talking + email" THEN ...equation...

...other statements...

END

An advantage to this is that you have a single parameter that you can then use in building worksheet titles, tooltips, etc.

Jonathan