1 2 Previous Next 25 Replies Latest reply on Aug 23, 2018 9:06 AM by Mohammad Hassanpour

Cannot blend the secondary data source because one or more fields use an unsupported aggregation

Katherine Goff

Hello Tableau world!! Am running into the strangest problem when data blending with V8. I have 2 duplicate data sources that I am blending together (they are duplicate because I want to filter the same data source 2 different ways but show it in the same view).  Everything was blending just fine until I added a COUNTD aggregation from my secondary data source (I am working with tableau extracts).  When I do this I get the error message noted above ("Cannot blend the secondary data source because one or more fields use an unsupported aggregation") and the whole view gets grayed out.  It's kind of hard for me to anonymize the workbook to post it here, but I am wondering if this is maybe a limitation of data blending..  I've attached a screen shot below... any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!! I have been hitting a wall on this for a little while now and don't know how to proceed.

Capture.PNG

1 2 Previous Next