In the viz there is Triangle toggle where you can click and it listed several options. Click on Use as Filter. And go to the top bar and select Dashboard. Choose Action. This is where you go when you want your viz to interact with the second table. Click on Add Action, and you have to choose your table that you need to direct, and which table as a target. and click on single selection display, and click ok.
The way that the data is set up does not allow for all of the quarters to be shown for each company because there is no data for each company. I would recommend going back to the Excel sheet and adding 0's or other data.
Hope this helps!
There are few options to achieve the results and interaction you are looking for here in Tableau, and no need to modify your data source beyond using custom SQL, and using an extract could be good in this case.
Attached is just one option. If this does not work for your constraints, other routes are available.
- uses two parameters to set the the domain instead of the secondary sheet you had in your Excel file
- connects to your data sheet twice, as two separate data connections, one as the original table, and another with custom SQL with an appended copy, using a UNION ALL on itself.
- the appended copy and parameters enable a calculated field that enables the Show Missing Values that performs data densification to add all quarters between the selected parameters.
- a data blend then brings in the aggregated values.
- a custom filter action is used to filter between the two data sources
So we are using the self appended data source as a kind of scaffold to enable the filtering and data densification desired.
filter scafold.twbx.zip 20.6 KB
Thankyou so much for you help !! This works.