I just tried doing the same thing, but was unable to reproduce the error. Which version are you using?
Hmm, I'm still unable to reproduce it. Can you post the packaged workbook (twbx file)?
Here is the Steps:
- Add "Number field" on Table
- Select this field and perform Table calculation by Percent Of Total (Across)
- See Column header default Table Header name " % of Total <Field Name> ....'
- Select Header and right click=>Edit Alias.
- give new name <Name>
- Save it
- Change name to <Name1> and save it.
- Again change name to<Name> and message pop ups.
Thanks Tracy. Your workbook has no issue. I do not know why it is prompting me. I will explore on it.
8 of 8 people found this helpful
I'm new to the Tableau world, so I don't know all of the proper terms for things
But I think I can help answer this Alias question.
How to remove aliases (Old or new)
- Go to the worksheet
- Right-Click the object type from the COLUMN or ROW SHELF
- Choose "Edit Aliases..."
- From the list of all Alias - edit the names of the ones you want to change
It won't let you delete the entire object but you can edit it the alias to be blank
It will revert the alias to the original object name.
Thanks, Yume! That answered a problem I was having difficulty with. Glad there's an easy way to clear out aliases and start over.
Easy, if not terribly intuitive. Yes, thank you Yume! Seems like that warrants a menu item item of it's own since it applies to fields across the workbook.
You can also select the Data menu then the data source, edit aliases..., measure names...