1 Reply Latest reply on May 12, 2013 11:12 AM by Shawn Wallwork

Event correlation on each day

Naveen Arumugam

How to display events that happened on a particular day? I.e., the tool tip should display the event date and event information for specific dates where a major release/milestone/event happened.  

I have a table that has event date and event information that can be used for the content. It could be possible to pull the event information along with the extract (TDE), which I feel is a bad idea to pull this data for huge data set.

Any suggestions to do a lookup and display the appropriate events based on the data-date and event-date match?

test_sample.png

• 1. Re: Event correlation on each day
          Shawn Wallwork

So you want to set up the data-date and event-date in a table separate of the big dataset. As long as you have a field to blend on you shouldn't have any problem creating some sort of calculation that pops up the correct tooltip. It's probably best if it's a date field. Then you could create something like:

IF [Data_Date] <= [Event_Date] AND [Data_Date] >= DATEADD('day', -7, [Event_Date]) THEN [Event_Description] ELSE "" END

You get the idea. Does this help? Or did I misunderstand your question?

--Shawn