My situation is something like this:

Subject  Name  Visit         Score   %Difference

A           ABC    Week 1      26             0%

Week 2      27            3.85%

B           DEF    Week 1       23             0%

Week 2       22            -4.35%

C          GHI      Week 1       24             0%

Week 2       37            54.17%

%Difference is calculated Relative to First, For Subject Compute Using Name & Visit

I want to show only those subjects where the % Difference in between 2 visits is greater than 30%, so the first two subjects should be excluded as the % Difference is less than 30% only Subject C meets the criteria. I have attached a screen-shot of what the worksheet looks like.

What formula do I need to write and where?

• 1. Filter on Difference in Values
          Shawn Wallwork

If you post a packaged workbook that includes your "My situation is something like this" data you'll have a better chance of getting an answer. Think about the folks that want to give you an answer. Now think what would make their job just a bit easier. Now post a workbook that makes their job easier.

Just a thought.

--Shawn

• 2. Re: Filter on Difference in Values
            Steve Mayer

I was able to filter on the difference in values as you described. I first created a "Percent Difference From" table calculation with the difference calculated along the week and the value displayed as a percent difference from "Previous". I then added the same "Percent Difference From" table calculation to the Filters shelf, and set the filter to be at least 30% by setting the filter value to 0.30. You may optionally filter out Null values, which will hide all of the 0% cells and leave you just with the gains greater than 30%.

I have attached a Tableau 8 workbook with your sample data. The same approach works in Tableau 7. Hopefully this helps.

• 3. Re: Filter on Difference in Values
              Sagar Dhekne

Hello Steve, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I cannot open this workbook. I have Tableau 7.0. Did you save it in version 8.0. Is there any way I can open it with my existing version? If not, is it possible for you to save it in 7.0? Thanks again.

-Sagar

• 4. Re: Filter on Difference in Values
                Sagar Dhekne

Hi Shawn & Steve, I have attached my workbook, the sheet where the problem is, is called 'ScreenChange', thanks.

• 5. Re: Filter on Difference in Values
                  Shawn Wallwork

Sagar, just change your table calc on the filter shelf from use all to At Least and set the value to .3 like this:

Sagar.png

--Shawn

• 6. Re: Filter on Difference in Values
                    Sagar Dhekne

Hi Shawn,

I think I had tried this, my only concern was is there a way I can show the the original value that it changed from as well, for example:

Subject     Scale_Rater     Visit                         Score     %Difference

S0017     Bryant, Sharon     Screening               24          0.00%

Chini, Neelee     Phase A Baseline     37          54.17%

Right now it only shows the changed value which is above 30%. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks,

Sagar

• 7. Re: Filter on Difference in Values
                      Sagar Dhekne

And ideally I was looking for values plus and minus 30%, so there is value -31%, I wanted this to be included too since it is >30, even though on the negative side. I guess it would difficult to get both the positive and negative on the same sheet along with the original values.

• 8. Re: Filter on Difference in Values
                        Sagar Dhekne

I think I had tried this, my only concern was is there a way I can show the the original value that it changed from as well, for example:

Subject     Scale_Rater     Visit                         Score     %Difference

S0017     Bryant, Sharon     Screening               24          0.00%

Chini, Neelee     Phase A Baseline     37          54.17%

Right now it only shows the changed value which is above 30%. Is there any way to do this?

And ideally I was looking for values plus and minus 30%, so there is value -31%, I wanted this to be included too since it is >30, even though on the negative side. I guess it would difficult to get both the positive and negative on the same sheet along with the original values. I have attached my workbook in one of the replies.

Thanks,

Sagar