1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 27, 2013 3:35 PM by Shawn Wallwork

How to calculate 1.Average transaction and 2.Count users that completed a transaction

Mateusz Waligórski

Hi,

I feel like a complete newb after trying to calculate average transaction and count users that completed a transaction  for the last 2 hours.

With a bit of shame I turn to you for help

The data that I have:

• Unique user id
      • Time of transaction (which marks a transaction)
      • Product id
      • Product price
      • Income (Calculated field with taxes and such)

Thanks in advance!

• 1. Re: How to calculate 1.Average transaction and 2.Count users that completed a transaction
          Shawn Wallwork

Unless I'm missing something, given the data fields you've listed, it doesn't look like you can get "average transaction" (there is not Transaction field listed, so nothing to average). As to counting users that completed a transaction, sounds like you first need a field indicating that a transaction was completed (maybe you could use Time of Transaction, assuming that means a transaction was completed). And then you are probably want to count the unique customers that completed a transaction. To do this you'll need to use COUNTD(). To get to this function you'll need to first Extract your data connection. This is because the MS Jet engine doesn't support this function, but the native Tableau data engine does.

--Shawn