0 Replies Latest reply on Apr 10, 2013 1:09 PM by Kevin Siminski

Using tabcmd to export images produces random results.

Kevin Siminski

So, I have been all over the user boards and have stumbled into what appears to be a common problem.  Here is the use case-- I am trying to export a PNG image from a workbook every hour using tabcmd.  Here the .bat script I use--

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server\8.0\extras\Command Line Utility\tabcmd.exe" login -s http://hostname/ -u username -p passwork --site OPS

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Tableau\Tableau Server\8.0\extras\Command Line Utility\tabcmd.exe" get "/views/MSFT-istudio-activity/Microsoft-interactionStudio.png?:refresh=yes" -f "c:\Ops\tableau.png" --timeout 240

copy c:\Ops\tableau.png \\destination\d$\Tableau\Renders

The issue I continue to have is the image seems to randomly refresh but not with the correct time.  I can go to the server, manually load the workbook and hit the refresh button the data on the server refreshes but the tabcmd image 'get' never seems to get the correct data.  I can literally run the command and the data returned will be a few hours old and then on the next get it is a week old.  I have seen several threads and that is where I found the '?:refresh=yes" 

Any one have any thoughts on this problem.  It seems like a simple problem.  Is data cached somewhere that needs to cleared etc?