0 Replies Latest reply on Mar 31, 2013 9:57 PM by Matt Shoemaker

Next San Diego Tableau User Group Meeting - April 18th, 2013

Matt Shoemaker

The next San Diego Tableau User Group Meeting will be in about 3 weeks and I'm excited to announce that one of our long-time members will be demonstrating some advanced operational dashboards.

Steve Mayer from Buzztime will be showing how they are using Tableau to analyze game player behavior for Buzztime's bar and restaurant-based games.  Buzztime offers dozens of trivia, card, and sports games, and they are revolutionizing the in-venue gaming experience.  Head over to www.buzztime.com to find out more about their business.

After the presentation, I'd like to have a discussion about Tableau's pricing model.  Is it compatible with your organization's current and future growth

plans?  What would you like to see changed?+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Meeting Details

When:  Thursday, April 18, 2013 from 4-6PM

Where:  3954 Murphy Canyon Road Suite 101, San Diego, CA 92123 (see link below for more info)

http://goo.gl/maps/9IGMV

http://goo.gl/maps/9IGMVNote:  The door to enter is at the northwest-most corner of the northwest-most building. There's a small gym on the ground floor.  Just take the staircase up to the meeting room on the 2nd floor.  I'll put some signs out to help find it.

4:00 - 4:30 - Arrive, chit-chat, and network

4:30 -5:15 - Presentation:  “Insights into Gamer Behavior: How Buzztime leverages Tableau” - Steve Mayer, Buzztime

5:15 - 6:00 - Group Discussion: Tableau's pricing model

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

A lot of new people signed up for the user group at Tableau's recent 8.0 launch party so Welcome to you all!  I hope you can join us for our meetings and please send me a note if you would like to present.

Happy Dashboarding,

Matt Shoemaker