4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 6:21 AM by SUK Rudge

Regarding date display

SUK Rudge

HI I have a date field,Now when i select a particular date i need to display last 8 weeks of data with full dates of those 8 weeks including the selected date.

Please help me on this thank you.

SUK

• 1. Re: Regarding date display
          Dan Huff

SUK--

Does the relative date functionality of Tableau's date filters not work for you? If not, there are definitely other options. I have attached a workbook that goes through both.

Hope this helps,

Dan

• 2. Re: Regarding date display
            SUK Rudge

Hi Dan , thats really helpful,with this i have one concern if i use a filter to display data on other worksheet based on Dimension(Date field).If i combine these two work sheets into a dashboard and need one date now to select.So how can i get that because Anchordate is a parameter and date is a dimension.

i am sending an attachement in which i want to combine first two sheets to get that dashboard.

pls help me

Thank you

SUK

• 3. Re: Regarding date display
              Dan Huff

Sorry for the delay in response SUK. I was on vacation last week without access to a computer.

Correct me if I am wrong but what you are trying to do is to have the parameter drive the chart that shows today and previous days as well as the crosstab that shows a variety of metrics about today.

As you have the solution for the relative date, you are missing the bit to make the crosstab be driven by the parameter as well. This can be done with the following calculation:

[Your Date]=Parameter -- put this on the filter shelf of the crosstab and keep True

Now, when you change the parameter on the dashboard it will update both the relative date style filter for your bar graph as well as the filter for your crosstab showing daily metrics.

Hope this helps,

Dan

• 4. Re: Regarding date display
                SUK Rudge

Thank you Dan,It worked well.I really appreciate for your help.