1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 1, 2013 3:08 PM by Devarsh Shah

Data Extract error

Craig Willis

Hello all, I'm trying to do an extract from PostgreSQL database of ~14K lines.  I have run dozens of other extracts off this database with no issues.  For this current extract it works fine when I am connected live to the database but when I try to extract the file I get the following error.  I have not seen this error on any other extracts at any time and have not been able to find anything on what it means or how to resolve it.  Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance for your time.

ERROR: character 0xc283 of encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in "WIN1252";

Error while executing the query

Unable to create extract

ERROR: character 0xc283 of encoding "UTF8" has no equivalent in "WIN1252";

Error while executing the query

Craig

• 1. Re: Data Extract error
          Devarsh Shah

Hi Craig,

I have the exact same issue.If I am connected live then it works fine but the moment I try to create a data extract it gives me an error. This error shows up only if the data returned is > 10,000 rows.

This is a known issue and I currently have a ticket opened with Tableau support.

However there is a workaround - you can connect to your database using the ODBC and not the PostgreSQL driver in Tableau. I do not get any error while creating extracts irrespective of the number of rows returned.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
          Devarsh

1 of 1 people found this helpful