I am wondering if my question is possible. Below are the details on how I created and published my dashboard into Tableau Server.
1. I am using Tableau Desktop 7.
2. I connected to our SQL Server database and imported all data into a .tde file.
3. Created the necessary dashboards.
4. Published the dashboard into tableau server
5. I noticed that the .tde is also published on the server
Is there a way to refresh the extract via scheduling? or do I need to open my desktop, refresh the extract then republish the dashboard into the server?
That is possible. I think one of the training video's explains it. See if it helps:
Become a Viz Whiz on the Forums!
Support the Community and master Tableau.
Retrieving data ...