2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 4, 2013 3:06 PM by veera datla

Browser Refresh is not fetching the latest data from datasource

veera datla

Trying to refresh the screen to see the latest data in our Dashboard. But browser refresh doesnt bring up the updated data on to the screen

• 1. Re: Browser Refresh is not fetching the latest data from datasource
          Joshua Milligan

Veera,

Are you using an extract?  An extract won't be refreshed by merely refreshing the browser window.  You'd need to schedule a refresh of the extract.

If that's not the issue, I might need some more info:

1. What happens if you use the workbook's refresh button? 

Refresh.png

Simply refreshing the browser might still result in cached data from the Data Server component of Tableau Server -- but hitting the refresh button should get fresh data if it's available.

2. What are you expecting?  Has the source data changed and you are expecting to see a different visualization?

Joshua

• 2. Re: Browser Refresh is not fetching the latest data from datasource
            veera datla

Hi Joshua,

Thanks for replying,

Answers to your questions,

No we are not using extract, we are directly connecting to database and trying to get live data.

If we use workbook's refresh button then its fetching the data, No issues here.

My expectation is , even on browser refresh i should be able to fetch the live datajust like worksheet refresh button.

Do i need to do any setup in the server

Please help