1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 8, 2013 12:09 PM by aishwaryarajagopalan0

add customized rows to tableau reporting

aishwaryarajagopalan0

Hello,

How can i add/append customized rows to an tableau report.

I have an tableau sheet-1 which pulls information/data from an tableau extract.

YEAR     TASKNAME  TASKID   ASSIGNEE   PRIORITY CAUSE 

1)I want to build an tableau sheet-2 which has customized rows based on some error check conditions and keeping appending error test based on these conditions one below another and not as columns;

for eg: 

ERROR TEXT                           TASKID

SYNC ERROR                           xxxxx                                   ----> stored in seperate variable

CFG ERROR                             YYYYY                                     ----> stored in seperate variable

Each and every error text is generated out in different variable based on validation of the error criteria. I cannot include all these error conditions in single variable as there are mulitple IF conditions.

2)If i have to append the SYN ERROR variable values and CFG error variable values to the tableau sheet1 data on the final dashboard, what guidelines needs to be followed?

• 1. Re: add customized rows to tableau reporting
          aishwaryarajagopalan0

Hi,

Let me rephrase my question:

I would like to append rows to the report from multiple variables as single column.

Variable a:

check for some conditions then displays error [returns error as text] if condition fails.

if X=Y

THEN

""

ELSE

"Error: X doesn't match to Y"

END

Variable b:

check for some conditions then displays error [returns error as text] if condition fails.

if P>0

THEN

""

ELSE

"Error:P is less than zero"

END

Variable C:

if Q<>100

THEN

""

ELSE

"Error: Q doesn't equals to 100"

ENd

I want to display all the errors one below other at the same time in my report, if it occurs or not.

I cannot choose the individuals variables to my row shelves, it doesn't append the rows.Please suggest.