4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 23, 2013 3:12 PM by Rudra Pratap

Condition not working with Quick filter

Rudra Pratap

I want to show the filter based on a particular condition.But it is not happening.Let me explain you the scenario.

The data is like this

Date          Customer        Qty

10/12/12     Rudra              2

11/12/12     Rudra              1

11/12/12     Jim                 3

11/12/12     Joe                 2

12/12/12     Larry               1

13/12/12     Moe                2

13/12/12     Joe                 1

I want a filter which will show the customer name where the total quantity is > 2 irrespective of date.

The quick filter should show Rudra,Joe only but it is showing all the customer names.

I used the formula sum(quantity) > 2 in the condition part of the filter but it is still showing all the Customer..

Any help in this regard will be appreciated..

• 1. Re: Condition not working with Quick filter
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Rudra,

Should the quick filter not show Larry even though he only has a Qty of 1 as well? If he should be included, a calculation similar to the following can be used:

if (Qty)<2 then (Customer) else "Other Customers" end

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Condition not working with Quick filter
            Rudra Pratap

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the workaround...

But here I dont want to show Larry.I only want Rudra,Jim & Joe as the values of the quick filter since the sum of Qty for them is greater than 2.

I want to use the customer names as dropdown filter showing all the names for which the Qty>2.

Hope I am clear now.Waiting to hear from you.

Thanks,

Rudra

• 3. Re: Condition not working with Quick filter
              Tracy Rodgers

Hi Rudra,

Sorry I misunderstood the question earlier. A calculation similar to the following should get the desired result:

if total(sum(Qty))>2 then attr(Customer) else "Other Customers" end

Once this is placed on the view, then the way that is being computed will most likely need to be adjusted. If Date and Customer are on the rows shelf, for example, place the calculation on the filter shelf, right click on it and select Edit Table calculation...>Choose Advanced and place Customer then Date in the Compute Using box. Then, run the calculation at the Deepest level and have it restart every Customer.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 4. Re: Condition not working with Quick filter
                Rudra Pratap

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for the answer.This works when I want to show Customer in the view.

But the problem here is that I dont want to show that in view.

I only want to use the result as a global filter.But here I am not able to use it as a filter.

Thanks & regards,

Rudra