2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2013 10:23 AM by Weili Geng

How to make two barscloser/or farer? change interval between bars

Weili Geng

Hi Friends,

Could you please help?

I want to make the result as below picture 1. But what i have in tableau is picture 2(Please also see attachment Tableau File).

How to change the interval between Monday in&out and Tuesday in&out?  Please donot change in&out, they should be together. I just want to make monday tuesday or sunday data far away from each other?:)

Also, can i move mondy-sundy to the bottom, under in/out? Thank you so much!! Looking forward to your kind help~

2Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

• 1. Re: How to make two barscloser/or farer? change interval between bars
          Robin Kennedy

Essentially, you can't do this, not unless you hack about with the source data so there are 'mock' columns with zeros that then get 'plotted' with the IN and OUT columns. I assume that's what was done too in the original chart, if this was done in Excel?

However, why do you desperately need to achieve this? Is the new chart in Tableau not easy to read? I can clearly see what relates to Wednesday as supposed to Tues or Thurs etc. If you need more of a visual differentiation between the days then you can change the format of the lines so that they are bolder or a different colour etc. - Right click on the viz, select format and then select the borders option from the pane on the top left

• 2. Re: How to make two barscloser/or farer? change interval between bars
            Weili Geng

Hi Robin,

Thank you. But i do need to make more interval among weekday...Since i am going to show this to customers..It would be great it is vividly:)

To insert columns with zeros,  it seems that it will not happen because tableau only can dual axis for two rows. Not the third one.

Thanks for the help anyway~~

Could anyone know how to realize this?