1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 24, 2012 5:55 AM by Russell Christopher

Date Time filter related query

Pooja Joshi

Hello,

I am new to tableau. I have a couple of questions as follows:

1. I want a filter on a column 'A' with data type date-time. It is a range filter. By default the user should be able to select values between the current date-time and 365 days before that. (i.e.: 1 year date range). So eg. current date time is 24th Dec 2012 17:00:00. So how do we set min value for the date range filter to 24th Dec 2011 17:00:00 and max value to current (i.e. 24th Dec 2012 17:00:00.)

2. Based on conditions (or parameter selection) is there a way to hide and show objects in a dashboard. E.g. If you have a 'Grid' and 'chart' in Dashboard and a parameter which has options 'grid' and 'chart'. Based on selection, it should display only that component.

3. If I want to give user a option to 'refresh' report every specified interval. Can I do that? i.e. If user has a drop down, with values 5min ,10min,15 min, Manual. If user selects 5 min, then report should refresh every 5 min. and if user selects manual, then he should get a refresh button to click. Is that possible, and if yes, how?

Thanks in Advance,

Pooja Joshi