The following was causing the web app to fail to render the view, and whatever action I took after attempting to save my project to the web resulted in a Tableau Public crash as well:
- Excel 2010 document with the first row as column headers, and rows of data in each column
- First column contains dates, each other column contains numerical data
- Four views were created:
- Pie graph paged by date
- Bar graph paged by date
- Line graph
- Stacked bar graph
- All four views composed into a dashboard and uploaded to Public server
- Renamed Excel Sheet
- Deleted several rows of data
- Reloaded the data source in Tableau Public - Encountered an error due to the sheet name change
- Uploaded to Tableau Public server
At this point, the public link no longer functioned and every action in Tableau Public 7 crashed it.
I went to 'View Data', which showed a bunch of null rows (presumably the deleted data. I went to 'Edit Tables' and clicked Okay, and viewing the data again showed no null rows.
At that point, everything seemed to be working just fine.
Become a Viz Whiz on the Forums!
Support the Community and master Tableau.
Retrieving data ...