0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 19, 2012 6:12 PM by Annie Elliott

Calculated field

Annie Elliott

Hi folks -

I know this would be easy to do in a table calc, but the information I need is lost in the table as constructed, so I need to do it in a calculated field instead.

I have the following fields...

DIMS:

date

version

METRICS:

days_since_release

my_count

I need to display…

ROWS:

Days since release

COLUMNS:

version

MEASURE:

% of total my_counts on the date that corresponds to days since release (lets call that whole thing X)

So that I can answer the question, "For each version, at what day since release does that version have X >= 60%"

I have verified can get X from a table calc if all I want to do is display a table where rows = date and cols = version and I do % total using table across (but note that if I say instead using date, the answers are wrong. not sure why.).

However, the table as constructed does not tell the story I need, so I need to create X as a calculated field.

How do I create a calculated field to force SUM([my_count]) / TOTAL(SUM([my_count])) for all rows on that date, and so that all the values in this field would add up to 100%/unity for a given date?

Do I simply need an IF clause for date equality in the denominator? It seems to me there *must* be some partition function I could use, but the window_sum RTFM does not seem to apply here.