2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 13, 2012 11:36 AM by Pietro Sorrentino

How to show worksheet quickfilters on a dashboard?

Pietro Sorrentino

Hi,

This might be a bit of a silly question but I'm very new to Tableau. In my Tableau file, I have a few Tableau worksheets and I drop them in a dashboard. When I do that, in the dashboard I also see popping up all the quickfilters that I have in my worksheets. So far so good. My problem is what to do if, after I've already created the dashboard and dropped the worksheets in, I add another filter in one of the worksheets and I want to see that too in the dashboard. Is there a more intelligent way to do that rather than deleting the worksheet where I added the filter from the dashboard and then adding it back? (the reason why I don't want to do that is that this way I lose my formatting of the dashboard everytime)

Thanks a lot!

Pietro

• 1. Re: How to show worksheet quickfilters on a dashboard?
          Mark Holtz

Hello Pietro,

We all started out as newbs... don't sweat it!  You can click on the little triangle at the top right of each view (in a grey border) on your dashboard. From there, you will get a menu with a lot of options like to Go to Sheet, show Title, and then further down is Quick Filters and Parameters. You can choose to show any filter from any view on your dashboard.

Keep in mind that unless the filter is set to be Global, it will only apply to the view from which you exposed it to the dashboard. Also, if you ever have more than one data source in your workbook, and you bring in views based on different sources, even if the quick filters are set to be Global, they will only apply to the datasource from which they come. (Although I believe that might be changing in Tableau 8...)

• 2. Re: How to show worksheet quickfilters on a dashboard?
            Pietro Sorrentino

Thanks Mark! That was easy...

Pietro