1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 19, 2012 8:14 AM by Tracy Rodgers

Aggregation - Customer Sales Average

Pedro Cunha

Hi guys, I do have doubt about how to use average and aggregation in Tableau.

I got a table with columns like below:

customer_id  Customer_Segment Store_id   Month           Sales_amount

1                         A                              XY          april/12               10,5

1                         A                              XY          may/12              9,5

1                         A                              WS         june/12                   9,4

1                         A                              WS          july/12                   18,8

1                         A                              KZ          augus/12               11,5

1                         A                              KZ          sept/12                  12,5

2                         B                              XY          april/12               10,5

2                         B                             XY          may/12              9,5

2                         B                              WS              june/12                                  9,4

2                         B                              WS          july/12                   18,8

2                         B                              KZ          augus/12               11,5

2                         B                             KZ          sept/12                  12,5

First of all I want to calc the average Customer/Store( considering months he/she bought) and after that to do a calc using that average to know the average for each Customer_Segment.

Does anybody would help me ?

Looking forward to hearing from someone. My very best regards, Pedro