0 Replies Latest reply on Nov 30, 2012 1:14 PM by Matt Shoemaker

Next San Diego Tableau User's Group - December 5th, 2012

Matt Shoemaker

Yo San Diego Area Tableau Users,

As you probably already know, Tableau Version 8 was announced at the customer conference held earlier this month. New versions of Tableau Desktop and Server are scheduled for release in early 2013 and there are some big, powerful changes in there.

As usual, the conference this year did not disappoint. The guest speakers were excellent, the newly announced v8 functionality is awesome, and Tableau really knows how to throw a party. If you haven't attended one yet, I highly recommend it.

For this next meeting, I'm planning to present some of the new functionality and UI changes in Tableau Desktop v8. I also plan to share some of the things I learned at TCC 2012. If you want to share your story and you want to get out of the office early on a Wednesday, please join us. It can't hurt to be ahead of the game on the new version of Tableau when it comes time to upgrade next year.

One really impressive detail at this year's conference was the huge display they projected onto the back wall of the main stage while the speakers presented. If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at this video.

http://www.avconcepts.com/tableau-customer-conference/

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Meeting Details

* When: Wednesday, December 5, 2012 from 4-6PM

* Where: Bridgepoint Education - 13500 Evening Creek Dr N, San Diego, CA 92128 (map link below)

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&ll=32.96215,-117.093921&spn=0.005417,0.008234&t=h&z=18&msid=212898724574777280785.0004a251c7c46476e3308

We will be in the A/V room on the ground floor. It can be accessed by a sidewalk between the 2 south-most buildings. I'll also put some signs out to help you find it.

* 4:00 - 4:30 - Arrive, chit-chat, and network

* 4:30 - 5:00 - Presentation: New Stuff in Tableau v8 - Matt Shoemaker, Shoemaker Consulting

* 5:00 - 6:00 - Group Discussion: Tableau version 8 and the recent Tableau customer conference

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hope to see you all there.  Happy Dashboarding!

Matt S.