2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 28, 2012 9:42 AM by Justin Smith

Show filter in multiple columns

Justin Smith

It's the simple things that drive me crazy! I'm sure in the past that I have set a filter on a dashboard to split into multiple columns to avoid having a scroll bar. Am I losing my mind? If not, how did I do it? I have on filter that if it was in two or three columns would fit the allotted space perfectly, but instead its one long list.

Thanks,

Justin

• 1. Re: Show filter in multiple columns
          Andy Piper

Justin,

It drives many crazy; but there is no option to have filters split into multiple columns. This can be done with legends, but not filters.

In 8.0 we have much more flexibility when with working with filters on a dashboard (such as floating them and assigning filters to more than one workbook within the dashboard),but we still don't have multi-column filters (at least not in the first beta release of 8.0).

Andy

• 2. Re: Show filter in multiple columns
            Justin Smith

Andy,

Thanks for the clarification. I am certainly thinking of legends in multiple columns. Bummer. Is this a possibility for a future update. Seems only logical that if there is a need for it in legends there must be one (obviously I do) for filters.

Thanks,

Justin