4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 20, 2012 10:25 AM by Nicolas Nadeau

weekly average daily values

Nicolas Nadeau

Hi

I need to display a weekly average of daily users and currently when selecting a week dimension, i'm getting the weekly users, not the avg daily.

How should i go about this one ?

N

• 1. Re: weekly average daily values
          Elvis Has Left The Building

Nicolas, if you can't provide your actual data, please use the Super Store sales data, and mock up a workbook so we can take a look at what you're trying to do.

• 2. Re: weekly average daily values
            Nicolas Nadeau

Thanks for the reply Govinda,

Superstore data will not be helpful here since we're talking about "online users" which is not a finite measure in time.

Example: unique user coming in every day over a month:

- countd for 30 (31)  "daily metric"

- countd for 4 for "weekly metrics"

- countd for 1 for "monthly metric"

In my scenario, I want to weekly average the daily metric, not get a weekly metrics. in the example above, the desired result would be "1 average daily user per week" (not 4)

N

• 3. Re: weekly average daily values
              Elvis Has Left The Building

Nicolas, I'm happy to reply.

Using the Superstore data I put together a workbook that emulates your situation as best I could. You are almost certainly going to need a table calculation to do what you're trying to do. These are very tricky little monsters; and the structure of your data, the view you are looking to create, what's on what shelf, what color the pills are, what compute using & restart every setting you need, etc. will impact the way they behave. So if the attached workbook doesn't give you some ideas on how to solve this problem, then you really will need to provide some dummy data/workbook for us to provide further.

GK

• 4. Re: weekly average daily values
                Nicolas Nadeau

Hey Shawn

Thanks for the reply. The hard part is that the dimension displayed need to be weeks, not days as displayed on your attached workbook. Also, using superstore won,t work for reasons desribed above.

I'll whip up sample data and update this case

thanks for replying

N