4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2012 7:48 AM by Shawn Wallwork

Is there a known problem with Save?

Shawn Wallwork

Is anyone aware of a problem with the Save function. I make three simple changes to the titles of some quick filters. Saved the workbook, reopened it and found the changes had reverted. I did this several times, tried exporting a packaged workbook with same results. After several rounds of this, one of the changes held, but I still can't get the other to work.

Anybody having similar problems? Is this a known problem?

--Shawn

• 1. Re: Is there a known problem with Save?
          Russell Christopher

Morning, Shawn!

• What version of Desktop
          • Are you seeing the same behavior in multiple workbooks, or just one (if the latter, can you email it to me?)
          • Any way you can give me a repro using SuperStore? If I can make it happen, I'll bug it for you.
          1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Is there a known problem with Save?
            Shawn Wallwork

And a good morning to you Russell!

Just the one so far, but I'll keep an eye out. It does seem like in the past few weeks, I've come in in the morning, opened a workbook, and thought: "Didn't I change that yesterday?" So it may have been happening more often, and I was just blaming my bad memory.

I'm sending a couple of versions of the workbook now, and I'll see if I can get superstore to do the same thing.

Thanks,

--Shawn

• 3. Re: Is there a known problem with Save?
              Alex Kerin

I think I have been seeing the same issue with edited relationships - they were reverting back to not being connected... - maybe it was the save as well..

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • 4. Re: Is there a known problem with Save?
                Shawn Wallwork

Yeah Alex, I just have this suspicion that there's an obscure pathway of events that leads to a 'corrupted' workbook. Off-line Russell suggested that I delete the quick filters and then put them back in. I had done this before without any luck, but this time instead of using the fake dashboard title sheet to provide the filter (it's a global filter), I used one of the charts to display the filter. Now it works just fine.

But I'm going to do a lot more save/re-open testing before I send workbooks to clients.

--Shawn