1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2012 4:47 AM by Darren Evans

Is it possible to hide values from a drop down filter, but include the values when "all" is selected from the filter

Alexandra Clay

Hello,

I have two global filters. One for region and one for county. The region is the main filter, and the county is my secondary filter (the county's listed in the county filter change based on what region is selected).

We would only like a county to be included in the county drop down if the county's 2010 census data is >= 20K. However, when the client selects the "(all)" field we want all counts to be included in all of the calculations.

Essentially, I would like to hide counties from the filter if the 2010 census data is less than 20K but make sure that when "all" is selected, all counties (even those with less than 20K for the 2010 census data) are included in the visualizations.

Is this even possible?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Alex

• 1. Re: Is it possible to hide values from a drop down filter, but include the values when "all" is selected from the filter
          Darren Evans

Hi Alex,

I can think of a couple of ways to achieve this but unfortunatly they would not be standard out of the box filters I'm afraid.

Depending on your level of expertise with SQL you could try:

1. Creating a custom SQL view that pulls back the total census data for each country along with the original data.

This would allow you to categorise the countries as either 'Above 20k' or 'below 20k'

2. Create parameter containing all the countries with over 20k census data and an option to select all. Use this parameter to filter the dataset either returning All or an individual country.

Feel free to pop me a PM or email if you would like to run trough this in more detail.

Darren