1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2012 8:40 PM by Jonathan Drummey

What Application Should I Use To Open Tableau Software On Macbook Pro?

Amanda Dye

I downloaded the software, but when I click on it, my computer tells me that I don't have the application needed to open it. Do I need to download something else to use this?

• 1. Re: What Application Should I Use To Open Tableau Software On Macbook Pro?
          Jonathan Drummey

Hi,

I'm assuming your Macbook Pro is running Mac OS X? Tableau only runs under Windows, so to run it on your MBP you're going to need to get a copy of Windows, and install it using Bootcamp on your MBP (free, but you'll need to reboot your machine every time you want to use Tableau), or buy Parallels or VMWare and then install Windows into that, then you can install Tableau in the Windows virtual machine and run your OS X apps and Tableau in parallel. Make sure you have at least 4GB of RAM on your MBP, more is better, and if you can get a solid state disk (SSD) then that will improve performance even more.

I use Tableau on my MacBook Pro running Parallels and Windows 7, it's a bit slower than my desktop at work but very functional nonetheless.

Jonathan