1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2012 9:53 AM by Tracy Rodgers

Publishing microsoft analysis services data source

Jurgen Schepens

I'm having a Worksheet where I use a SSAS connection.

The connection makes use of a specific user and password.

When trying to publish the worksheet I get the bellow error.

In the authentication options I've selected Embedded password.

I would assume that the user/password that is defined when creating the data connection is embedded when publishing it.
      And the rights to view the cube data are sufficient to also publish the data.

Publishing the connection seperatly works fine, but still the error is thrown when trying to publish the worksheet.

Any suggestions?

Internal server error.

Response code: 500

Details from Server:

Tableau Server encountered an internal error.

com.tableausoftware.vizql.dll.TableauException: Analysis Services database error 0x80004005: Errors in the OLE DB provider. Could not connect to the redirector. Ensure that the SQLBrowser service is running on the 'besrvwp-sql02' server.

Analysis Services database error 0x80004005: Errors in the OLE DB provider. An error occurred while named instance information was being retrieved from the SQLBrowser service on the 'besrvwp-sql02' server.

Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

Analysis Services database error 0x80004005: Errors in the OLE DB provider. Could not connect to the redirector. Ensure that the SQLBrowser service is running on the 'besrvwp-sql02' server.

Analysis Services database error 0x80004005: Errors in the OLE DB provider. An error occurred while named instance information was being retrieved from the SQLBrowser service on the 'besrvwp-sql02' server.

Unable to connect to the server. Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.

Errors occurred while trying to load the workbook "CPP/extract". The load was not able to complete successfully.