1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 18, 2012 7:54 AM by Russell Christopher

How many users can be login tableau server with same username & password on different machine?

Emre Kartal

One of my customer asked me a question.

They tested to login their Tableau Server on different machine with same account for viewing same dashboards.

Is there any limit for users who try to login tableau server with same username & password?

Kind Regards;

• 1. Re: How many users can be login tableau server with same username & password on different machine?
          Russell Christopher

Hi Emre -

The behavior your customer discovered is not documented and not necessarily designed "into" the product. It's there, though - and we hope users are responsible in terms of not abusing it.

That being said, there is no documented "maximum number of concurrent connections for a single username". It's not something we test because we don't expect the same licensed user to log on three or four times on different machines

This behavior (since it's not documented) could change at any time, as well - so your customer shouldn't assume it'll always work the way it happens to now.

I know I didn't answer your question, but I hope I gave you some talking points you can use when you discuss this with your customer?

Regards!