2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 20, 2014 11:04 AM by Alex Blakemore

Is there a way to display missing data that is completely missing from the file?

Alexandra Clay

Hello -

Is there a way to display missing data that is completely missing from my data file? (e.g., inserting a placeholder of 0 instead of having the value be removed from my visualization?).

For example, I have age group demographics displayed in a bar chart but there are certain counties in my dataset that do not have any data for a given age group. Right now, when I select a county, data that do not exisit are not appearing on the graph (graph updates based on the data for a specific county). However, I was wondreing if it was possible to have a set axis that displays all possible age groups and if a given county does not have data for that age group, I want it to display as 0% instead of having it be removed completely. Is this possible? If so, any information about how to do this would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping that I can take care of this in Tableau (oppose to having to reclean my data....).

Thank you in advance for your support!

Alex