0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2012 2:01 PM by Hunter Schimpff

filtering values - multiple quick filters from a set of measures

Hunter Schimpff

On my final dashboard view, I'm trying to set up the equivalent of 2 different quick filters for users to search by.

I can't seem to separate the measures for 1 filter vs. the other.

For example, I have an overall schools proficiency chart on the dashboard, and want users to be able to use a quick filter to select by measure values "Math 2011, Math 2012, Reading 2011, Reading 2012." 

I also have a growth chart on the dashboard, and want users to be able to use a quick filter to select by "5th grade math growth" "6th grade math growth" "7th grade math growth" "5th grade reading growth"

The only way I can get 1 filter  to work (the subject proficiency) is to remove the growth measure values and put them into the dimension shelf, so they go out of the quick filter...but then I can't add a quick filter for these growth measures and my graph screws up.

Is there a way to make a set of these growth measures while they're in the dimension shelf, and then use that set to filter?  I've tried that, but the graph distorts when I try to put in each value because it is treating it as a dimension and messing up.