2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2012 3:55 PM by Nay Lin Soe

Actions: Filtering multiple values on a single measure

Nay Lin Soe

Hello,

Perhaps a similar question has been asked before, however I couldn't find anything relevant among the forum topics.

I have got 2 sheets connected to the same data-source. There is also a calculated field whose content is a subset of one of the two measures, the selection of which is controlled by a parameter. I like to have a filter action which, when invoked from the sheet with the parameter control, will pass all the contents in the calculated field to the other sheet, so the other sheet displays accordingly. However, when I tried, it is passing only the single first value in the calculated field.

I've attached a sample workbook. On Dashboard Full View, Analyse by parameter controls which measure between 'Name' and 'Category' is used as the source for the calculated field Analysis Field. When clicked 'Next' (Menu action), I like to display all the content of Analysis Field on the destination Dashboard Analysis Field only. (At the moment, it's showing only one.)

Thanks in advance.

Nay

• 1. Re: Actions: Filtering multiple values on a single measure
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Nay,

I have reattached your workbook with what I think is the desired outcome, however, it is not, let me know. On the _label shelf, remove Analysis Field from the Level of Detail shelf. Then, go to the Dashboard Full View dashboard and edit the current action. Remove the select fields filter and choose All Fields. Click OK.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Actions: Filtering multiple values on a single measure
            Nay Lin Soe

Hi Tracy,

Thanks for helping. In fact, that's not exactly what I am trying to get at. As you can see on Dashboard Full View, you can limit the number of items displayed in Analysis Field (Top 1, 2, 3, etc). What I like to see happen is whatever number of items displayed in Analysis Field of Dashboard Full View being copied to that of Dashboard Analysis Field in that order through an action (Filter or URL -- I'm failing at both). Instead, as it is now, the destination displays all the content of Analysis Field unsorted.

Would there be any way of getting that?

Nay