1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 7, 2012 6:54 AM by sirajmandayippurath

Parameters with Add from List Option and filters

Hi

I am building a view in Tableau with Microsoft Analysis Service as Data Source(Cubes in SSAS).

When I am using a parameter with Add from list option and filtering based on the parameter, no output data is shown.

But When I use a parameter without Add from list option the view shows output data.

Also If I use a parameter with Add from list option and filtering based on the parameter, with MYSQL database as data source it works.

Can anybody help how to use  parameter with Add from list option with SSAS cube as datasource?

Thanks

Nithya

• 1. Re: Parameters with Add from List Option and filters
          sirajmandayippurath

Hi Nithya,

I am not sure I follow your problem correctly. Could you help me understand better?

When the parameter is selected, how are you using the selection in your visualisation? Is it possible to provide a snapshot (image) of the view that you are attempting to create using the parameters?

I just tried to create a parameter using Add from list option against a SQL 2008 R2 SSAS database and it seems to work fine. What is your version of SSAS?

Cheers

Siraj