4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 11, 2012 12:10 PM by Eric Munisteri

Is there an assist with Timestamp Conversion?

Eric Munisteri

I am attempting to convert a timestamp to the following format Month, Day, Year  HH:MM:SS.  My test Timestamp is 1346282945737 which should give me August 29, 2012 23:29:05 UTC but I receive January 4, 44632 instead using "DATEADD('second',INT([Event Audit Time Stamp]),#1970-01-01#)"

I am not an expert and need an assist.  Thanks,

E

• 1. Re: Is there an assist with Timestamp Conversion?
          Jonathan Drummey

Your timestamp is down to the millisecond, try this calc instead:

DATEADD('second',[Event Audit Time Stamp]/1000,#1970-01-01#)

Jonathan

• 2. Re: Is there an assist with Timestamp Conversion?
            Eric Munisteri

thanks for the reply, Jonathan

That calculation is one that I tried early on (from looking at the forum), but it errors: "Can't divide a string value by integer value".

Also tried DATEADD('second',INT([Event Audit Time Stamp])/1000,#1970-01-01#) but same error.

It's close with the INT inserted...but not correct, hence the incorrect Month and Day, not to mention the 44632 that tails the result.

Still at a loss.

E

• 3. Re: Is there an assist with Timestamp Conversion?
              Jonathan Drummey

I set up a workbook with the timestamp as a string field and tried your version of it in the latest reply and I get the correct result. Is there any chance you can post a packaged workbook (.twbx) with just that row of data?

Jonathan

• 4. Re: Is there an assist with Timestamp Conversion?
                Eric Munisteri

Jonathan, Thank you for your timely responses.

Ok.  I am perplexed.  Started stripping the proprietary data so I could package the workbook and upload it…looked at the data again and wha-la…it works.

I actually do a two-step process:

1)     Pull the Time Stamp Data from a field that has multiple sets of data separated by comma’s and/or carriage returns using this formula: Event Audit Time Stamp = MID(STR([Event Annotation Audit Trai]),3,13)

2)     Convert the finding to a human readable Date and Time using this formula - DATEADD('second',INT([Event Audit Time Stamp])/1000,#1970-01-01 00:00:00#)

Lastly, make these calculations BEFORE you extract the data.  I continued to received errors until I stopped using the extract, created the calculated fields, then extracted the data.

Hopefully this helps others with similar situations.