2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 1, 2012 6:15 AM by Shawn Wallwork

How to return to dashboard from sheet drill down

Larry Keller

I want to be able to use Actions to drill down from a summary view dashboard to details on another sheet AND return to the dashboard in one click option.

• 1. Re: How to return to dashboard from sheet drill down
          Shawn Wallwork

Larry you're in luck! Tracy put together a Think Data Thursday #3 WebEx on this very topic. Join us toady at 11 a.m. PDT and I'm sure you'll learn everything you need to know to do what you want.

--Shawn

• 2. Re: How to return to dashboard from sheet drill down
            Shawn Wallwork

Larry and I worked through this offline (sensitive data). It turned out to be an interesting problem, so I thought I'd share the solution. He was going from a dashboard to a text table and then back using menu action filters. Here are shots of the return trip:

GoBack-1.PNG

Which lead to this:

GoBack-2.PNG

Not at all what he was looking for. The problem was his data was being filtered down to the mark that was being hovered over when he clicked the Go Back to Overview link. Not unexpected after all it's an action filter.

To get the desired result I created a calculated field named Show All that contained only the word TRUE, no quotes. Then I put this on the level of detail shelf of all the affected sheets. Finally, I edited the Go Back to Overview action filter to use the Show All field as the only filter:

Action Filter.PNG

Essentially this uses the action filter as a page changer without actually filtering anything. Final results:

GoBack-3.PNG

Thanks for the challenge Larry, nice finish to my Action Filter week.

--Shawn