11 Replies Latest reply on Dec 22, 2014 1:53 PM by Thomas Tegtmeier

Not getting grand totals for complex table calculations

Philip Chiappini

Hi All,

I'm new to Tableau and this forum, so please forgive my potential misuse of terminology and shoddy workbook example.

I'm having issues getting grand totals on a column of table calculations. I understand why, I've used the ATTR() function, but I am hoping that someone might be able to help me find a better way to do what I've done. I am attaching the workbook because this is a bit hard to explain.

I am calculating a 10 period rolling average based on each hour of each day for each browser in the table. I've done this by creating table calculations for each browser and then rolling them up into one table calculation (Hourly Rolling Average). I then use that rolling average as part of a revenue loss calculation. This seems to work fine in the table, but it will not roll up to a grand total for me. I believe this is because I have used the ATTR() function and it only allows for the return of a singe variable, but I haven't been able to figure out a better way of doing this.

Once I solve that particular issue I need to be able to take the revenue loss calculation and sum/trend it by day, week, month,year, etc.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Capture.JPG