0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 6:57 AM by Ian Malakoff

Cannot add page numbers in Adobe Reader X when you output your dashboard using the "Print to PDF" option

Ian Malakoff

Hi, when I click File --> Print to PDF from my dashboard, and then I open the PDF with Adobe Reader X and try to add page numbers, no page numbers appear. Sometimes I will get a runtime error in Adobe Reader X, and I will have to shut it down. However, when I go to File --> Print from my dashboard and select Adobe PDF as the printer, I can then add page numbers in Adobe Reader X. This is a fine workaround, but the issue is when I go to File --> Print, the PDF quality is not as good as the "Print to PDF" quality, especially if the visual has transparency for the coloring. If I make the transparency 100% for the coloring, the File --> Print --> Adobe PDF option produces a fine visual, but then what is the point of even having the transparency option? The File --> Print --> Adobe PDF option also seems to distort visual quality especially if you have very detailed dashboards like one with 10 layout containers. I am attaching two examples --> "print to pdf.pdf" is the visual using the "Print to PDF" selection and "print.pdf" is the visual using the File --> Print --> Adobe PDF selection. You will clearly see the distorted coloring for the scatter plots. If anyone has any suggestions on 1) How to add page numbers in Adobe Reader X using the "Print to PDF" option or 2) How to not get this distorted coloring using the File --> Print option, that would be much appreciated. Thank you.