1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 5:37 AM by Peter Hopwood

How to show the latest data and only sort by the latest data

My question is i have a source table like

TS (Data)

Name(String)

Value(float)

The data in the table are growing each hour, the TS indicates the collection time. The data in the table maybe hundreds hours.

What I want to implement is in the worksheet (Table)

1)  I want it always show the data of latest 6 hours. For example the when I open the report at 2012-8-1 14:00

the data in the worksheet shall present the data in 2012-8-1 8:00 to 2012-8-1 14:00. if i open the report ata 2012-8-2 14:00  the data in the worksheet shall present the data in 2012-8-2 8:00 to 2012-8-2 14:00.

2) I want sort the name by the values, but only sort by the latest hour's data, the preview data will be show in the table but not used by sort.

• 1. Re: How to show the latest data and only sort by the latest data
          Peter Hopwood

Hi,

To solve the filtering:

If you can format TS as a date (or make create a calculated field from it that is a valid date)  you can use the 'relative Date' selection as you drag it to the filter pane:

relative date.png

You can then sort the results - this will sort only the available data (ie. that in the last 6 hours).

If you also want to see unfiltered data you could have a separate tab with all of the data sorted by date (but not filtered) and then combine the two tabs on a dashboard side by side.

I hope this helps

Peter