4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 3, 2012 2:03 PM by Shawn Wallwork

custom background

I have a web page that I want to use as the background image. If I try to annotate the points and then mark the coordinates it works but if I try to annotate the area and the try to get heat maps then it doesn't. Has anyone else faced a similar problem or knows how to draw heat maps over a custom image

Thanks    

• 1. Re: custom background
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Harsh,

I can't think of a way to add a heat map to a background image. Maybe others have ideas? Otherwise I would recommend posting this in the Ideas section!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: custom background
            Shawn Wallwork

(Feeling a little snake-bit Tracy? Yeah, I know some of the forum folks can come up with some pretty clever solutions, )

Anyway, Harsh can you provide a screen shot of:

If I try to annotate the points and then mark the coordinates it works

And the heat map you're referring to here:

but if I try to annotate the area and the try to get heat maps then it doesn't.

Or a sample packaged workbook would even be better! I can't tell if this is a language/terms/syntax issue or if what you want to do is simply not do-able as Tracy mentioned. Help us better understand what you're trying to accomplish.

--Shawn

• 3. Re: custom background

Thanks for posting your suggestion - Tracy/Shawn

You guys understood the problem correctly.

• Point Annotation: Works
              • Area Annotation: Doesn't

The problem with area annotation I believe is that you need to plot all the coordinates.... that's where WMS service come in. For instance if you have to map the states in UK then you can use the wms service and that will do the trick. Now say I have a page as simple as the current page and I want to annotate the areas based on area then I can't accomplish the task.

Thanks

• 4. Re: custom background
                Shawn Wallwork

I'm still completely lost, but that's not important, as long as you got the answer you were looking for.

--Shawn