1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 11:13 AM by Tracy Rodgers

Questions on Continuous Dates

Hello All,

I have a dashboard which displays data from multiple data sources.  Each of the views are filtered using 'from' and 'to' date parameters.

All of the views plot activity, aggregated to week, as either stacked bars or line charts.  There are some weeks with no data so I'm using continuous dates show those weeks with no data rather than just skipping weeks.  This is all very simple but I have a couple of questions:

1.  If the user selects a start date of say the 01/04/12 but the first week with any records is the week commencing 22/04/12 then the chart will start from 22/04/12.  Is there any way of forcing the axis to display the full date range from the parameters?

2. The data sources have more than two years worth of data and the users want the ability to select any date range.  So they could select two weeks or two years.  When plotting bars using discrete dates the bars width is always automatically resized.  However when bars are plotted using continuous dates the widths seem to be fixed.  So I have had to size the bars for the maximum number of weeks to be returned but this doesn't look very good if only a few weeks or months are selected.  Does anyone know a way to get around this?

Any assistance gratefully received.

• 1. Re: Continuous Dates
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Darren,

In terms of question number one, right click on the axis and select Edit Axis. Then, choose fixed and choose the dates that the parameters stretch over.

For the second question, would placing the parameter on the size shelf work? Then, each different selection could be assigned a specific size.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy