0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 25, 2012 1:19 PM by Shawn Wallwork

Using Dashboard Size Range?

Shawn Wallwork

I spent quite a bit of time today testing various Dashboard size ranges. My goal was to come up with a range that could be shared by users with 16:9 or 4:3 aspect ratios, of similar screen resolutions WITHOUT getting scroll bars. Here's what I came up with:

Size Range.PNG

Both resolutions listed in a row will display correctly, without scroll bars by using the min/max resolutions listed. They will also mostly fill the screen, with little or no white space. (This assumes the user's Windows task bar is at the bottom of the screen, and Tableau's tool bars are visible.)

If you try these ranges and get a different result please post a screen shot here and let us know a little about why you think it didn't work, and how you adjusted it to make it work. Since many of us are designing for the great unknown user (monitor), any and all feedback is extremely useful. Also if you have a different resolution than is listed, let us know if any of the listed min/max values work for your resolution; I'll add them to the list.

Thanks for participating.

--Shawn

Message was edited by: DataViz Dude