2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 5, 2012 7:08 AM by Kathy Chiang

Nested Table Calc - Difference of a % of Total

Kathy Chiang

I am trying to get a table calc to report the difference of another table calc that reports the % of total and I can't quite seem to get it configured to give the correct result. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Please see attached example.

• 1. Re: Nested Table Calc - Difference of a % of Total
          Tracy Rodgers

I think that what needs to be changed, if I'm understanding the desired outcome correctly, is the way that the Variance calculation is being computed.

Right click on the SALES_DSBN_VARIANCE calculation on the measure values card and select Edit Table Calculation... Under Compute Using, select Advanced.... Place Scenario, Channel and Product in the Compute Using box and click OK. At the level, choose SCENARIO; Relative to: Budget, Restarting every: None.

Hope this helps!

-Tracy

• 2. Re: Nested Table Calc - Difference of a % of Total
            Kathy Chiang

Hi Tracy:

Thanks for the reply and I apologize for the delayed response as I was out of town last week.

When I follow the steps above, for the Channel: Direct, Product: A, I get a SALES_DSBN_VARIANCE of -0.1354 with SALES_DSBN of Budget 73.10% versus Actual of 79.81%. I was expecting to get a variance of -6.71. I can't figure out what the -0.1354 is a variance to.

I tried different sequences of  SCENARIO, CHANNEL and PRODUCT in the compute using box to no avail.

Thanks for your support.