1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 20, 2012 9:36 AM by Russell Christopher

how to change the default publishing project

erik lundberg

Hi,

when publishing the workbook for the first time, is there a way to have the "Default" project being replaced  by a different project.

I want each department to see their own project as the "Default" proejct when they publish for the first time.

If I work in Human Resources, I want "HR" to be the project that comes up first by default.

If I work for IT, I want "IT" to be the project that comes up first by default.

Regards

Erik

• 1. Re: how to change the default publishing project
          Russell Christopher

Hey Erik -

Great question! It sounds like you haven't modified the base permissions of the Default project- They allow all users to view the project and the workbooks within the project.

Generally, we consider it a best practice to remove permissions from the Default project before you start doing any "serious" work on the server. Why? Because all new projects that are created initially inherit the permission set of Default. So out of the box your IT folks can see in the HR project, HR people can see inside IT, and everyone can see inside Default. Nothing is locked down.

At this point, your best bet is to remove viewer/publisher permissions from Default for the groups you mentioned. If a group doesn't have permissions on a project, it won't show up in Project drop-down - problem solved.

Hope this helps!