1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 12:28 AM by David Klass

Publishing to server difficulties

David  Klass

I hope someone can help with this.  Yesterday while publishing to the server I began to get an error when the process reached 'completing request'. The error is below.  I restarted the server, deleted the old project with the same name and still the same error.  I can reach the server with my connecton and see all the maintenance and other views on the server including all the visualisations which by the way are few but I cannot publish.  The SQL server instance that is running on the server where Tableau is located is functioning perfectly. The Tableau server is ver7.0 and the desktop is 7.0.5

Thanks for any help with this.  David

'Internal server error.
      Response code: 500
      Details from Server:

VigiLanz Server encountered an internal error.
      com.tableausoftware.vizql.dll.TableauException: SQL Server database error 0x80004005: Login timeout expired
      SQL Server database error 0x80004005: A network-related or instance-specific error has occurred while establishing a connection to SQL Server. Server is not found or not accessible. Check if instance name is correct and if SQL Server is configured to allow remote connections. For more information see SQL Server Books Online.
      SQL Server database error 0x80004005: Named Pipes Provider: Could not open a connection to SQL Server [53].
      Unable to connect to the server "E6420". Check that the server is running and that you have access privileges to the requested database.
      Errors occurred while trying to load the workbook "DoctorStatsAllDPVCustomRuleGroups/extract". The load was not able to complete successfully'.