1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2012 11:08 AM by Tracy Rodgers

Is QA underestimated at Tableau??

thierryjakircevic

I have been faced with new bugs pretty much every time I migrated to a newer version of Tableau. Some minors, some more handicapping.

The last one being the impossibility to use the "Refresh All Extracts" under certain conditions after migrating to 7.0.6.

Being told that "Engineering is aware of the issue and it will be solved in a future release" only works for a short period of time..

Please Tableau, get serious in your QA before releasing a new version!!

• 1. Re: Is QA underestimated at Tableau??
          Tracy Rodgers

Hi Thierry,

I apologize for the inconvenience getting these bugs fixed has caused you. I can assure you that our Engineering team is working towards investigating and fixing any issues that have been brought to Tableau's attention. We are unable to say when a particular issue will be resolved because there may be varying degrees of complexity and time restraints that will keep a fix from being implemented into a particular version.  For issues that are especially critical for you, please let our Support team know so that they can communicate this with the Engineering team who can hopefully resolve it and incorporate the resolution into the most recent release. We strive to make Tableau products the best that they can be, as well as to make our customers as happy and successful as possible. Again, I apologize for any frustration this has caused you!

-Tracy