2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 6, 2012 10:33 AM by hub.yoo

is it possible to customize the "use as filter" option?

hub.yoo

Hello everyone.

I had a general question regarding the use as a filter option on a dashboard. Is it possible to customize or edit the resulting "set" when using "use as a filter"?

Joe Mako showed me how to use advanced table calculations, and thanks to him got a dashboard to show correct information. However, when I try to use the "use as a filter", the filter selected is very specific and causes the filter to filter down to just one element when in reality it should contain multpile elements. I attached 2 workbooks to further illustrate the problem, I know the way I asked the question was confusing.

use as filter.JPG

Happy day after 4th of July everyone. Hope you all enjoyed his/her vacations.

• 1. Re: is it possible to customize the "use as filter" option?
          Robert Morton

Hi,

You cannot edit the generated set directly, but you can certainly edit the automatically-generated dashboard action that comes from 'Use as Filter'. From the menu Dashboard >> Actions... you should see an action named something like "Filter 1 (generated)". Edit that filter and choose which sheets you wish to target, as well as which fields should be involved in setting the filter criteria. To change the fields in play, change the "Target Filters" setting at the bottom from "All Fields" to "Selected Fields", and manually define which pairs of source / target fields should be involved in filtering.

I hope this helps,

Robert

• 2. Re: is it possible to customize the "use as filter" option?
            hub.yoo

Wow that worked perfectly. I thought it would be a pain to add all the filters manually but its really easy and quick. THank you very much Robert, you are the man.